Founding Partner, Canine Nutrition Consultant
Whether you’re looking to change your dog’s diet to cooked or raw food, provide natural supplements that actually work, or to ensure your treats are actually good for your dog, Christine is the go-to source for all your canine nutritional enquiries. She has formulated countless home cooked meals, and supplement plans for many dogs, while changing lives along the way.
Christine achieved a Certificate in Advanced Canine Nutrition from CASI, graduating with honours and completing all 8 electives. With the help of her mentor, Dr. Jean Dodds (one of the world’s most renowned holistic veterinarians), Christine continues to expand her expertise. She’s an associate member of the College on Integrative Veterinary Therapies, and has been operating an online nutrition consultation service since 2012.
The foundation of Christine’s passion for dogs was her 14 year tenure as the owner-operator of Oh My Dog! (one of Toronto’s first and most respected dog walking services). Along the way, she also found time to create and manage two community organizations; as Co-Founder of Toronto Rabbit Rescue, and Administrative Volunteer at Lost and Found Pets Toronto.
Education & Certificates:
- Companion Animal Institute: Canine Nutrition Certificate (1 yr)
- Companion Animal Institute: Advanced Canine Nutrition Certificate (1 yr)
- All electives completed including Cancer, Cardiovascular Disorders, Orthopedic Disorders, Kidney Disorders, Gastrointestinal and Metabolism Disorders and Endocrine Disorders.
- College of Integrative Veterinary Therapies: Senior Dog Nutrition
Founding Partner, Canine Training & Behaviour Expert
Born and raised in Ireland, Helen has been dog-obsessed from a very young age. She arrived in Canada in 2008 to complete her studies in holistic nutrition only to have an 8-week old Australian shepherd mix called Seamus move her life in a completely different direction. It was her desire to help Seamus through the many challenges he faced that began her journey into the world of canine wellness and behaviour.
Starting as a professional dog walker she specialized in caring for reactive dogs and offering nutrition consultations. She spent the next few years studying, and in 2015 completed a year-long program with Turid Rugaas, renowned Norwegian dog trainer and educator. She’s dedicated to life-long learning and has had the opportunity to study with some of the foremost canine experts in behaviour, neuroscience, nutrition and trauma.
Education & Certificates:
Institute of Holistic Nutrition Canada: Holistic Nutrition Diploma
Turid Rugaas International Dog Trainer Education: Certified Dog Trainer
Anne Lil Kvam: Nose Work Training for Trainers
- Exercise Physiology for the Dog Professional
- Myotherapy Foundation Course
Dr. Amber Batson:
- Barking Mad—Abnormal behaviours in the dog
- Troublesome Teens—Surviving Doggy adolescence
- Give a dog a bone—A look at resource guarding in the dog
- Mind the Gap—Exploring the links between body, brain and behaviour in the dog
- Puppy Power for professionals
- Advanced Aggression in Dogs
Behavior Vets and Barking Brains: DEEP DIVE: A neurobiological discussion of dog-directed aggression
The Canine Behaviour and Training Society: Identifying Traumatized Dogs and How to Support Them
Dr. Kathy Murphy: Scent Work: The Brain, Attention and Emotional Well-being
Control the Meerkat Conference: Trauma in Animals
The Loose Leash Academy: Aggression in Dog Conference
Pet Dog Trainers of Europe: PDTE Annual Conference & AGMs
Medical Neuroscience (in progress)