Dandelion Root for Dogs
Supports the liver, good digestion, healthy heart and normal blood sugar.
- Dogs taking medications or needing liver support
- Part of a healthy heart program
- Dogs with gas or sluggish digestion
1 bottle = 2 oz (59 ml) a 1 month supply for most dogs (up to 35 lb)
What is Dandelion root?
Its use in recorded traditional medicine dates back to the 7th century. Both the leaf and the root are used, although their properties are quite different from each other.
The properties of Dandelion root include:
- Liver support
- Digestion (appetite, bile secretion, gas, indigestion)
- Cardiovascular support (supporting the liver is important in cases of heart disease)
- Blood sugar maintenance
- Immune support (supports normal responses to viral infections)
A Healthy Liver: Supporting you dog's liver can go a long way in contributing to a long and healthy life, even if your dog is not showing signs of liver problems.
The liver performs dozens of different functions in the body, yet liver disease (including cirrhosis) is one of the most common health problems in older canines. It can damage all functions of the dog’s liver, with very harmful health effects.
Even canines without liver disease may need support to metabolize and excrete prescription medications and environmental chemicals which are often damaging to the liver. Dogs tend to come into contact with more harmful chemicals and pesticide residues than humans.
Good Digestion: Dandelion root has been used extensively as a cholagogue, meaning that it helps support normal bile flow during digestion. This helps the breakdown and assimilation of foods. Dandelion root supports the production of liver enzymes that metabolize toxins in the body so they can be exceted. It also supports the gut by providing a high percentage of inulin. Inulin is a prebiotic that helps maintain healthy flora, like strains of bidifobacteria, essential for good digestion and the immune system. Dandelion root is one of the world's best digestive "tonics".
The Heart: Some of the chemical constituents of Dandelion root help maintain normal blood pressure and good circulation. It is also high in several minerals that contribute to a good electrolyte balance. A well-functioning liver is important for dogs with heart disease.
Blood Sugar: Dandelion root has also been studied for its ability to support normal, healthy insulin levels. The addition of Dandelion root to your dog's health regime is a great way to help maintain stable blood sugar levels.
Pet Wellbeing's Dandelion root is glycerin-based and safe for dogs. Never give an alcohol-based product to your dog.
Why choose Pet Wellbeing Dandelion Root for my canine friend?
- Certified organic and ethically wild-harvested: This formula is entirely prepared from organically grown and ethically wild-harvested herbs. No endangered plants were used so that wild plant populations remain protected.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: All of our formulas are manufactured in a facility that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Full Spectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herbs is preserved to ensure the potency of the extract. All raw materials are tested for identification and purity.
- Every batch tested: Every batch of our Dandelion Root is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- FDA Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA Registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: PetWellbeing.com complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
- It's Guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our 90 day money-back guarantee.