small dog version BACK ORDERED AT THE MANUFACTURER LEVEL
Astaxanthin is a very powerful antioxidant that can provide support for your pet’s body to fight off the harmful effects of oxidation resulting from free radicals. It crosses the blood brain barrier and therefore helps with eye and neurological health.
With up to 550 times the antioxidant activity of other potent nutrients, such as vitamins E and C, lutein and beta-carotene, astaxanthin helps:
- Protect cells, organs and tissues from oxidative damage, including hard-to-reach areas like your pet’s eyes, spinal cord, brain and nerves.
- Support your pet’s immune health and protect him from the effects of everyday stress, pollutants and toxins, certain ingredients in pet foods and various health conditions.
- Protect your pet’s delicate cellular DNA or “cell blueprints” for supporting healthy cell division and function and longevity.
What sets astaxanthin apart from other antioxidants is its ability to cross your pet’s blood-brain and blood-retina barriers to reach his brain and eyes. Plus, it protects both the water- and the fat-soluble parts of cells, inside and outside the cell. And, unlike other antioxidants, it can handle more than 19 free radicals at one time.
Astaxanthin Liquid Pump for Cats and Dogs:
- Is made with organic astaxanthin from Haematococcus pluvialis microalgae and not fungus.
- Contains medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) to help maximize absorption.
- Is made using astaxanthin “oil” instead of powder to enhance stability.
- Is formulated without chemical solvents and contains no preservatives, impurities or residues.
- Is carefully monitored and tested for purity, showing a high concentration of astaxanthin isomers and the absence of microbiological and heavy metal contamination.
There is no taste or odor to our Astaxanthin Liquid Pump, and it comes packed in an airless pump that is neat and simple to use.
Astaxanthin for Cats and Small Dogs is formulated for cats and dogs weighing 29 pounds or less, while Astaxanthin for Medium to Giant Dogs is suitable for pets weighing 30 pounds or more. The only difference between the two products is concentration – Astaxanthin for Medium to Giant Dogs has the same amount of liquid but twice the concentration.
Mercola's pet products are formulated by Dr. Karen Becker, DVM.